Saturday, February 2, 2013

peter


peter
why now
because it was
getting old
what about wendy
she left me
betrayed me
she loved you
maybe
she did
she must have
forgotten by now
everyone does
how can you be sure
only once
have i looked in
her window
and i saw
what
age
mother
wife
old
beautiful
disgusting
         you could have
         had her
you mean
they could have
caught me
made me into
a “man”
         but you could have had
         her
she could have
stayed with
me
         you wanted a
         mother
         not a lover
to me they are
the same
         perhaps she found
         someone to whom
         she was only one
she took my lostboys
         maybe they wanted
         to leave
         to grow up
never
         not her fault
she ruined
everything
         you ruined it
i don’t need them
         yes you do peter
no
         you had it
         in your hands
i never
wanted
her
anyways
         okay peter

No comments:

Post a Comment